As we all know MetaMask is one of the widely utilized cryptocurrency storage wallets that can store all Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens safely through its web browser extension. Users of MetaMask can immediately start using the available service by simply adding the MetaMask extension to their web browsers directly from its official website. But, this extension may not always work the way you want it to be or it sometimes may come up with technical glitches.
At that time, you may think you are left with no solution but to seek expert assistance. But that should not be the case. Instead, we should try out some solutions at our end to make sure the problem is resolved. So, the next section would help you out with the same. Make sure that you check if the issue has been fixed or not after performing each troubleshooting solution.
Why is MetaMask not working?
Before we tell you about the troubleshooting solutions, we thought of creating a small section that would help you understand why you might be facing issues with the MetaMask extension. So, check out the following points to know more:
- There is some problem with the browser you are currently using
- The extension is outdated or you have enabled the VPN services
- The web browser you are using is not compatible with the MetaMask extension
- Additionally, the poor internet connectivity could also be the cause
Must-try troubleshooting solutions
Here are a few things you can try in order to get the issue resolved with your browser. In case you are not able to fix the issue after trying these solutions, you may need to install the MetaMask app on your smartphone and import the wallet:
- First, you should try restarting your device as well as the web browser
- Install the browser updates, if there are any
- Try locking and unlocking MetaMask
- Uninstall and reinstall the MetaMask extension and then import your wallet using the secret recovery phrase
- Please avoid resetting your wallet until the last
- Try resetting the wallet password using the seed phrase
- You can also try sharing your query on the Community forums of MetaMask and maybe you'll get answers for the same
MetaMask extension is usually error-free and may not show you trouble for a long. However, at times, you may experience some issues with it that you may find hard to resolve. So, in that case, what you can do is try to follow the tips that are mentioned above and you will definitely have the solution to your problem.